We may from time to time make calls and/or send text messages to you at any telephone number or e-mail that you have provided to us via the contact forms on this website or e-mailed to us. By using the contact forms, you certify, warrant, and represent that the telephone number and e-mail you have provided to us are your contact numbers and you consent to a member of our team contacting you. You represent that you are permitted to receive calls and e-mails at each of the telephone numbers or e-mail addresses you have provided to us. You agree that Sawan & Sawan may send emails to you at any email address you provide us, or use other electronic means of communication to the extent permitted by law.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Definition of Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and details about your potential case. Personal Information also includes certain information we collect when you retain S&S to represent you in legal matters, including the distribution of settlement or other payments to you, if applicable. This information can include your Social Security number, health data, and financial account numbers.
Information You Provide Us. While contacting us, we may ask you to provide us with information (including Personal Information) such as your name, e-mail, phone number, zip code and details about your case. Further, where expressly designated by S&S, some portions of the Services may be used by active S&S clients to communicate pursuant to an attorney/client relationship. You may choose whether or not to provide such information; however, the information may be required to respond to your request.
We may use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, in order to better understand your use of our Services and how we can improve them. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other usage information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To prevent data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the opt-out browser add-on at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the Personal Information we collect:
- to facilitate your requests for a free case evaluation and determine your legal needs;
- to provide you with legal and other services you request;
- to create and manage your file;
- to respond to your inquiries and communicate with you, including placing calls or sending e-mails;
- to send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you;
- to operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Service;
- to understand how people are using the Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- to improve and customize communications and advertisements;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes; and/or
- to protect our rights or property, and the security and integrity of our business, the Services, users, and our third party business partners and service providers.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- S&S may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, analytics providers, and information technology providers.
- S&S may use aggregate, de-identified information (i.e. stripped of information that identifies you) in connection with internal analysis or marketing.
- S&S may share, at your direction or with your permission, your Personal Information with other law firms and/or other lawyers where we jointly represent a client and when we refer cases or potential cases to other counsel, or as otherwise required in connection with our legal representation of you. Personal Information provided pursuant to an attorney/client relationship may not be shared with third parties except as is done with such precautions to preserve the confidentiality of such information and any attorney/client privilege as may attach to such information.
- S&S may disclose your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which SS is acquired by or merged with another business, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- S&S may otherwise disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your consent.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address provided below in “Contact Us”. The electronic marketing communications we send may also contain an opt-out mechanism. Please note that it may take up to 10 calendar days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request. Please also contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.
S&S takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect the Personal Information we collect. Nevertheless, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
DO NOT TRACK REQUESTS
USING THE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13. Please contact us as provided below in the Contact Us section if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent.
On an as needed basis, and in accordance with our confidentiality obligations, we may disclose each of these categories of Personal Information with our co-counsel, referral counsel, or service providers for business purposes (for example, to facilitate our representation of you or to enable the service providers to provide their services) and as otherwise described in the “How We May Share Your Information” section above.