Ohio Truck Accident Lawyers
Ohio Truck accidents are different. The typical truck accident in Ohio can be a matter of life or death due to the weight and size inequities between trucks and the cars they often damage. If you’ve been in a truck accident and have endured serious injuries, you need to make sure you have the best possible Ohio truck accident lawyers in your corner to make sure your injuries don’t go uncompensated. Call the family of Ohio truck accident lawyers at Sawan & Sawan today for a free consultation.
PERSONAL INJURY PRACTICE AREAS
Were you injured in an accident? We can help.
Our family of personal injury lawyers can help if you were injured in an accident. We offer free consultations and charge no fees unless we obtain compensation for your accident.
Schedule a Free consultation
Fill out the contact form below and a lawyer will contact you to discuss your case.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Truck Accident?
Due to the severity and complexity of truck accidents, we always recommend that – at minimum – you speak to an Ohio truck accident lawyer if you have been injured as a result of a truck accident in Ohio. We offer completely free, no pressure initial consultations – and are happy to do so via video conferencing for your convenience. Having helped countless victims of negligence, we know that your life is completely turned upside down after an unexpected injury. Because of this, we understand that your financial condition may not be sufficient to afford the up front cost of aggressive representation. Our family of lawyers is fair, flexible and transparent with payment – and we will work with any situation. We are here to help, and that starts with you reaching out.
One of the key areas where you need a lawyer for a truck accident is when preparing a demand package. The goal of a good demand package is to maximize the insurance company’s offer before deciding whether to take a case to trial. Information imbalances can create leverage in negotiations, but too much imbalance can result in a stalemate. The demand package should be designed to put forth, in a clear, concise and persuasive format, the best evidence you have in support of your client’s claim for damages. The demand package should contain a detailed and organized appendix with reference material and all supporting documentation. This process can be made even simpler by utilizing a variety of computer software programs.
Remember that in almost all cases, when you send a paper version of the demand package to the adjuster, they have to scan every single page. You should be cognizant of this and aim to produce documents in a digital format whenever possible. Top of mind should be on supporting claims with detailed, objective evidence. You also want to make it as easy as possible to understand, especially when complex medical issues are involved in the claim. Do not just send medical records without any context or explanation.
In general, a good demand package will address the following:
- Show with objective evidence that the impact was sufficient to cause the injuries at issue; and
- Demonstrate that the claimant did not have any prior injuries and/or pre-existing conditions of the sort at issue. If prior injuries are involved, special care should be taken to differentiate or otherwise argue for exaggeration. Show that the claimant complained of these injuries in a proximate timeframe to the accident. Remember that this may not always manifest itself in medical records – so look to social media and other sources as well.
- Demonstrate that the injuries are corroborated by diagnostic testing.
- Show that the injuries are further supported by the medical records, or expert report.
How Much Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Charge?
It’s simple – at Sawan & Sawan, if we are unable to obtain compensation for you – we don’t get paid any fee. That’s the Sawan & Sawan no fee guarantee. Not. a. penny. Our family of lawyers believes in shared success. We fight tirelessly to obtain compensation for you, which is why we are so confident in our no-fee guarantee. We believe that results matter – so we put our money where our mouth is.
Damages in a Truck Accident Case
Truck accidents are incredibly serious and can lead to some extreme damage. As a result of this, the law permits an injured party to recover damages against a negligent truck driver or company. The types of damages that are available are different in every case, but there are some general categories that will often apply. The types of damages that are frequently included in a truck accident injury claim are as follows:
- Compensatory Damages. Compensatory damages are designed to Restore an individual injured by a truck accident to pre-injury condition. Remember that once found liable, a defendant must pay for all harm to the plaintiff caused by his or a wrongful conduct. This often times even includes harm that was unforeseen at the time of the truck accident (also known as the “eggshell plaintiff rule“)
- Special Damages. After truck accident, special damages are designed to compensate an injured individual for money spent and opportunity lost. In general, the damages take the form of past and future medical and rehab expenses, past and future loss of earning capacity or work and the sort.
- General Damages. General damages are generally referred to as pain and suffering. These damages can account for both the past and future pain and suffering of someone injured in a truck accident. Pain and suffering damages are established by the circumstances of the case, expert medical testimony, and the injured party’s testimony about their physical pain, loss of enjoyment or emotional trauma.
These categories of damages are often the most fiercely debated in a truck accident injury claim. The simple fact is that there is an art to negotiate damages in a truck accident claim. Our team of lawyers have over a decade of formal training in law, and decades of combined experience negotiating personal injury cases. Over the years, we have developed strategies that are effective in ensuring that insurance companies settle truck accident claims on fair terms. If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, give our team of lawyers a call today at 419-900-0955.